Office of Articulation
The primary goal of the USM Office of
Articulation is to facilitate the movement of students
between and among USM institutions, secondary schools,
community colleges and other educational segments.
Specifically, it improves the efficiency of transfer of
students by enhancing the quality of articulation
services and coordination among and between secondary and
postsecondary education segments. The following describes
the key objectives and activities of the Office:
- Coordinate the implementation of Board of Regents
policies in the various academic and student
support areas, including admissions, advising,
transfer articulation, financial aid, and,
records and registration.
- Work with the Âé¶¹´«Ã½AV - Maryland Association of Community Colleges Joint Leadership Council to implement strategies to improve and enhance the transfer student experience.
- Work with the Maryland State Department of
Education to implement a comprehensive Career
- Provide transfer information to students.
- Coordinate information retrieval, input and
verification required for - the
on-line transfer articulation system.
- Enhance the implementation of ARTSYS at
- Determine Users’ needs and enhance User
satisfaction with ARTSYS.
- Develop a Statewide process of discipline-based
- Develop a Statewide process for the review of
- Enhance communication among educational segments.
- Improve the efficiency of transfer students’
academic status assessment.
- Increase access to transfer information through
the development of new technologies.
, The Transfer